Published by: SEGA
Developed by: SEGA
Genre: RPG
Release Date:
Japan: Q2 2010
NA: Q3 2010
Platform: PSP

Game Info:
The sequel to the endearing PS3 game, Valkyria Chronicles 2 combines strategy elements of conventional tactical role playing games with real-time action sequences. The story of Valkyria Chronicles 2 takes place two years after the conclusion of the original game. A group of young Gallian Military Academy cadets find themselves plunged into a bitter civil war when the newly formed Gallian Revolutionary Army stages a coup. As the epic drama unfolds in the game, players will experience stories of friendship, love and growing pains during a time of war and revolution.

Valkyria Chronicles' BLiTZ battle system has been re-designed to offer players the freedom to strategically move around the environment and attack enemies using real-time controls, something never before seen in the tactical role-playing game genre. The CANVAS engine has also been redesigned for the graphical capabilities of the PSP system. This incredibly distinctive engine powers over 20 new distinct environments within which players have hundreds of different missions to explore.

Screens:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:38 pm 

Already played like about 35% of the Japanese game! This game is the reason I got me a PSP!

The game is awesome, the combat system better than ever, the are more combat classes now as well, the protagonists while cliche are lots of fun. As good as the original even if the story is not as great as the one in the first PS3 game, but it is as fun and ADDICTING as ever. Excellent transition from PS3 to PSP so no worries there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:13 am 

I bought the original when I came across it in a Movie Gallery that was about to go out of business - it was excellent. It's good to know that the sequel looks like it might be enjoyable too. I still enjoy turn-based style video games, so I'm hoping to come across a copy of this one too.

It's a little sad to hear that the heroes might be cliched though. I liked the quirkiness of the original Main Character.