Hentai Forums Forum Index
One Piece
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
valkyrieZ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: One Piece Reply with quote

I don't know why we don't have a OP thread when there's one for Naruto and Bleach. Anyway, let's start one now. Feel free to discuss manga/anime here. Very Happy
valkyrieZ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dragon samurai wrote:

yeah that was crazy with the rest of the other Supernovas. everyone of them right now really look like they have a right to be made into Luffy's rival. but throughout all this action though are all of them going to make it out? i mean we have one of the Admirals there along with these Kuma clones too. how are they going to deal with all this for a full 3 days? Laughing it's still day one and complete chaos and doom is surrounding the Straw Hats. Laughing
also you brought up an interesting thought too, about that axe-guy. i'm betting he's the one Kuzaru's looking for, but your theory proves for an interesting concept. you think he might be some survivor of the Ohara incident that maybe this Kuzaru might have saved? hmm.gif

Well, the good thing is that Luffy & the others won't have to take on all the enemies by themselves this time since the other pirates are also fighting against the marines. As for the axe guy, yea it's pretty clear that he's Sentoumaru. I don't know if he's from Ohara or not, but I wouldn't be too surprised if he was. Either way my gut feeling tells me he's a pretty significant character. hmm.gif
dragon samurai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah but three days worth of fighting and at this level too. Supernovas or not that's extremely taxing. Laughing and considering Kizaru's there too, i'm wondering how long any of the crews can hold up. so far the Strawhats seem to be in the clear from him for the time being since their dealing with the Pacifista right now. but i dunno about the other pirate crews though.
i kind of hope your right on that idea of Sentoumaru, i think it would prove to be some excellent development on Robin's side of the story. plus it would be rather interesting to see if he was and joined the Marines knowing what they did. and possibly it'll show more of the fact that most of the Marines is combined by many different senses of Justice. and that not everyone is going for the absolute one like Akainu did during the incident. maybe this Kizaru is like Aokiji only not lazy. Laughing

valkyrieZ

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why, but I have a feeling that Kizaru just acts laid back normally, but when he's serious he's got a very sinister side to him. It's just a hunch, so I could be completely wrong. Laughing
dragon samurai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well a lot of the laid back Marines seem that way and end not being so. Laughing but then again you might be right though, so far Aokiji seems like the only Admiral shown so far to actually be "good guy" or at least behave like one. Laughing Kizaru for all we know could be just like Akainu.

mugiwara84

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Ao kiji is known for his lazy justice and Akainu for his absolute justice I was expecting Kizaru to be in the middle and be a practicer of moderate justice. Well so far I think he fits that label but he's a pure mad man. Like so far it seems that he wouldn't hunt down a bounty if he didn't get a direct order for it but he wouldn't let a bounty run either like Ao Kiji would. But destroying mangroves like that is just plain crazy when your supposed to be the good guy whose comming to save the place from pirates.

And tbh I wouldn't want that Sentoumaru to have links with Robin, I don't see the need to develop Robins char further since we had great development during W7 / CP 9 arc nor do I want something as cheap to happen especially since she's been labeled as the soul survivor of Orohara. And Oroharas been destroyed 20y a go, he hardly looks 20+ imo. Tho he did look a bit like a fat faced Robin.

I'm actually expecting most of those supernovas able to run. Bonny / Capone and even Law / Kid shouldn't have to much trouble imo. I don't expect them to die to bad coating cause it wouldn't fit. Oda has only killed people in flashbacks (sometimes I even wonder if actually anyone died in that Alabasta war or that big brawl in skypea) so killing of chars off screen would be pure lame. I'm more worried for the ones standing in front of Kizaru.

And I wonder when Garp is going to show up, that old geezer should've arrived before Kizaru since it seemed he left before Luffy caused that ruckus. Well who knows, mb he's fixing someones door cause he broke it to look cool, or taking a nap. With those Monkey D.'s you never know.

And hooray for the OP thread, with a nick as mine I surely approve.

dragon samurai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

W7 and Enies Lobbies was a pretty long time ago. and i don't agree that Robin doesn't need to be developed further. of course she's developed quite well during those arcs but it's not like her story's had some conclusions on what happened to at the hands of the WG. if Sentoumaru was part of Ohara and got better treatment from someone from the WG it would make an interesting development. it would bring to the table the idea that not every high seated official in the WG agrees with the Absolute Justice idea.

mugiwara84

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't think all the high seated officials agree with it, but if you want position you got to follow the rules. I don't think we're going to see a Suzuka character in OP. And if theire is one it's Tobi but I doubt we'll ever see it go that way. And I think Ao Kiji is a perfect example of someone that doesn't agree but knows (or mb to lazy) that he can't do anything against it.

And if he's planning to develop Robin further I don't want it with an old cliché like I'm your long lost brother. Our wolfboy already made that joke let's not make such a thing reality. And I guess if you mean beeing part of Ohara you mean beeing a scholar? He looks to young for that seeing it's burned 20 y a go. He even calls him uncle which I find suggesting he's rather young.

And I don't feel it's been that long ago till w7 / EL arc. 80 chaps ain't that much in OP :p.

dragon samurai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no i wouldn't say a family member of Robin's, but it would be interesting if it was a fellow country men. not a scholar but probably a civilian that luckily didn't die in Akainu's attack, or maybe his family wasn't present on the island during the said incident. there are some possibilities that aren't cliche, and besides knowing how Oda works i doubt we'd ever see one like that (that isn't a joke Laughing).

valkyrieZ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oda just continues to amaze. Very Happy I'm loving these group battles that deviates from the typical 1-on-1 fights. That is one badass power that Apoo has. Shocked Although I don't think that's enough to do Kizaru in. And ancient-type zoan FTW. gOOd.gif I think Drake just became one of my favorite characters. Laughing Man what's next? Mystical zoan's like Phoenix, Leviathan, etc? rofl This arc is now in epic status.
mugiwara84

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew OP wouldn't disssapoint. That ancient zoan type is freaking awesome. And come on that pacafista should've stayed down after Luffy/Zoro/Sanji's combo. That's one though material that they are made of. If a fake Kuma is that durable makes you wonder how though the real Kuma is. Well gear 3 will do the trick I guess.

And Hawkins using his DF reminded me of a voodoo doll. Can't wait to see these huge brawl animated.

dragon samurai

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i wasn't surprised at the Pacifista's durability, remember Kuma made a it pretty clear his body was pretty thick and tank like when he showed up last time. if Vegapunk managed to make mass produced duplicates of him, even if they're weaker than the original, with Kuma as the base they're still going to be strong. looking at it is like maybe seeing a Gundam being reverse engineered for mass production, using all of the high quality peices used for the original.
as for the other Captains though i expected something like that with Hawkings, but Drake was rather impressive though. i can't imagine what he'd look like when goes for his half man, half beast form. it's probably going to look pretty kick ass. but all together though i'm glad those captains are fighting like this though, it's showing that their titles as Supernovas isn't for show. yct61.gif

mugiwara84

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's not like I was that surprised seeing him back on his feet, especially since theire androids, prolly even more robots then androids so you prolly have to reduce them to scrap before they stop working. But it would've been perfect since I don't see the need to drag out a fight between a pacifista and the strawhats.

And I wonder if it's the real Kuma standing before Law / Kidd since that one was actually able to speak. And it would at least make theire battle a bit more interesting.

dragon samurai

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's possible, but i'm wondering how their fight is going actually. they were taken a bit by surprise there. and we haven't seen them since. i hope their handling themselves well too.

mugiwara84

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I can't imagine a pacifista even beeing the slightest kind of a match against Kidd / Law complete crew. If one of those two or even both are really meant to be true rivals of Luffy I rather expect them to easely dispose of a pacifista together. If it's Kuma, then defeating him would really be a nice set-up to raise the credibility of them beeing rivals of Luffy in the long run.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hentai Forums Forum Index -> Anime Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 1 of 32

Jump to: